Yesterday, we were delighted to reveal the cover art for our upcoming Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook! Today we want to share an update from Cubicle 7’s Wrath & Glory Producer Zak Dale-Clutterbuck and show you the book cover with the logo.
In the 41st Millenium, there is only war. In the Gilead system, the battle for the survival of the Imperium rages. Cut off from the light of the Emperor by Noctis Aeterna, they have no reinforcements, no means of travel, no means of communication with the wider Imperium. Desperate agents of different factions put aside their differences (for now) to defend this bastion of humanity isolated in the darkness.
In Wrath & Glory, you’ll build a group of unique characters based on Warhammer 40,000 Archetypes and embark on your own perilous adventures. By choosing or creating your own Framework, you can define what kind of stories you’d like to tell in the Dark Imperium. The Rulebook cover shows a group of Iconic adventurers battling off Orks and Chaos cultists in a mission to save the Gilead system.
Jiao Abaijan, Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, is determined to maintain the purity of the Gilead system in the absence of the Emperor’s light – in this instance, by pulverising an Ork with her thunder hammer. Zaire Obasi Varonius, a minor dynast of a noble Rogue Trader house, watches Jiao’s back with his twinned needle pistols. If he survives this mission, the exploits of this rag-tag warband might make his name as a defender of the Gilead system (and maybe make him a small fortune too).
Invictor Braham, a Primaris Intercessor of the mysterious Absolvers chapter fires his bolt rifle point blank into a heretic. Due to the low number of Astartes in the isolated Gilead system, they frequently find themselves operating as kill teams, on solo missions, or accompanying groups such as this one. Phea Osowicz has found herself in a similar predicament; after travelling from Mars to the Gilead in search of archeotech, the Tech-Priest found herself trapped by the Great Rift. She now lends her technological knowledge and volkite blaster to this warband as she searches for the secrets that could unlock a way back home.
Wrath & Glory uses a fast paced d6 dice pool system that will be instantly familiar to any Warhammer 40,000 player. The rules are designed to support fluid roleplaying, enhancing your stories without slowing down the fun. With the flexible ruleset you can run dangerous, in-depth combat encounters or intriguing investigations – just pick your Framework, build your character, and start adventuring in the 41st millenium your way.
- Individuals agents from different factions of the Imperium find themselves thrown together in a fight for their lives to defend Gilead system.
- A Tech-Priest, a Primaris Intercessor, an Inquisitor and a Rogue Trader battle off Ork Boyz and Chaos Cultists.
- Cicatrix Maledictum, the Great Rift, rends the sky above the party. The Gilead system is cut off from Imperium Sanctus and the holy light of the Emperor.
- Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
- Determined to maintain the purity of the Gilead system in the absence of the Emperor’s light.
- Wielding a thunder hammer, her wits, and the unbridled authority of the Inquisition.
Zaire Obasi Varonius
- Rogue Trader, a minor dynast of the noble house Varonius.
- Wields two needle pistols in combat.
- Aims to make his name by defending the Gilead system – and maybe make a small fortune on the way.
- Primaris Intercessor
- Absolvers Chapter
- The Absolvers are zealously dedicated to defending the Emperor’s holdings in the Gilead system.
- Invictor prefers to fight from afar, but won’t hesitate to fire a bolt rifle point blank at a heretic.
- Adeptus Mechanicus Tech-Priest.
- After travelling from Mars to find archeotech in the Gilead system, she found herself trapped by the Great Rift.
- Her extensive augmetics incorporate a volkite blaster, allowing her to obliterate Orks from afar whilst she wields her Omnissian axe.
- Gather your friends and build your game’s framework – choose how you’ll explore the Gilead system, and what kind of adventures you’ll have.
- Create unique characters based on classic Warhammer 40,000 Archetypes – want to play a Sister of Battle working with a Skitarius, a Sanctioned Psyker and a Space Marine? Now you can!
- D6 dice pool system is fun, fast-paced and instantly familiar to Warhammer 40,000 players.
- Rules to play as any of the characters on the cover – including the Orks and the Cultists!
Until next time,
Art by Johan Grenier.
Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd. © Games Workshop 2019