The much anticipated PDF for The Horned Rat Companion is out now!
Pre-order the The Horned Rat Companion here
Buy the PDF only on our webstore here
Buy the PDF only on DrivethruRPG here
If you have already advance pre-ordered the Companion or the Collector’s Edition via our website, you will automatically receive this PDF.
The Horned Rat Companion is the fourth of our five-part series of companion volumes to the Enemy Within campaign. It is packed with supplementary material to not only expand The Horned Rat but also support any WFRP games which feature the skulking Skaven as a foe.
The Companion Includes:
- More lore and information on the Skaven, their history and society, and the terrible God to which they give praise.
- A huge selection of new equipment, spells, weapons, and contraptions to outfit your Skaven NPCs with.
- New encounters in the city of Middenheim and the Middle Mountains, perfect to drop into The Horned Rat, or any Skaven focused campaign.
- A GM’s guide to The Yellow Fang, an insidious cult that both worships the Skaven and seeks to outdo them.
- A new career, the Dwarf Ironbreak, perfect for a stout dwarf seeking to face down the loathsome ratmen in the tunnels beneath the Old World.
- Two classic adventures, revised and updated for WFRP 4th Edition — Horror in the Dark, featuring a terrible encounter in a twisting mine, and A Little Help From My Friends, a kidnapping case beyond any but the greatest, shortest detective in all of Middenheim.
- The Return of the Gravelord: Everyone’s favourite self-obsessed Necromancer returns to harry the Characters throughout the events of The Horned Rat. Is it paranoia if everyone really is out to get you?
THE HORNED RAT
‘My Friends in Change, we have sown glorious chaos but to bring the Time of Changes we must act as one under a Champion In Shadows.’
The Horned Rat is the fourth volume of the revised and updated Director’s Cut of the Enemy Within, one of most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. Building on the dramatic events at the end of Power Behind the Throne, recruiting your brave heroes into the service of the city of Middenheim for more drama and intrigue.
In the penultimate volume of the five-part series of grim and perilous Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventures, the tables are turned as enemies that have pursued the Characters since the beginning of the epic campaign are forced to defend themselves. The time is right to uncover their schemes and break apart their organisation. The Characters cannot afford to relax their guard and celebrate their victories, as a new threat emerges from beneath their feet.
The Horned Rat Includes:
- The fourth part of the Enemy Within campaign, conceived by legendary WFRP writer Graeme Davis with contributions by a team of talented WFRP writers.
- A toolkit to exploring Middenheim’s complex undercity, a vast environment filled with hazards and intrigues.
- A series of investigations dealing with the implications of the action in Power Behind the Throne and leading to the realisation of a new threat, far greater than anything the Characters have faced in their previous adventures.
- Descriptions of an ongoing and deepening crisis in the Empire, to be resolved in the final instalment of the Enemy Within campaign.
Pre-order The Horned Rat on our webstore here
The Horned Rat Collector’s Edition
The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition contains the revised and updated Director’s Cut of one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. This beautifully finished, exclusive Collector’s Edition set includes The Horned Rat and the Companion presented in a slipcase featuring the artwork from the standard editions.
Beautifully finished in Silver foil and a lustrous Spot UV finish, the Collector’s Editions covers depict a great Tower central to many myths of the Skaven, and the looming presence of The Keep, a corrupt fastness at the heart of the Empire.
As with previous volumes in this series, the books are case bound, and come with an exclusive envelope of player handouts and maps. We love creating these Collector’s Editions, and know that they’ll take pride of place on bookshelves for years to come.
Pre-order the Collector’s Edition here.
THE HORNED RAT JOURNALS
The Horned Rat Player Journal
Attention: Calling all skilful sleuths! Urgent: Investigators needed to piece together and uncover the intent of those who would see Middenhiem brought low.
Middenheim may be the jewel of the North, but beneath the crowded cobbled street lies labyrinthine tunnels filled with intriguing mysteries, deadly threats, and worse. The Komission of Inquiry into Threats Unknown to Middenheim tasks its skilled agents with complex investigations. With meticulous note-taking and shrewd observations, many mysteries can be solved, and dangers and threats confronted and averted.
The Investigators Journal is the perfect accompaniment for players making their way through The Horned Rat. It contains Character Sheets, space for notes, dotted pages for diagrams and maps, and an unmarked map of the City of Middenheim for players to annotate with whatever hints and clues they can glean from the city’s depths.
The Investigators Journal is exquisitely designed and printed, casebound with a black faux leather finish and a foiled and debossed cover print. It includes full colour end papers, including a player safe map of Middenheim, 128 pages with a mixture of Character Sheets and notepaper for character background, equipment, and notes on the investigation.
Pre-Order the Player’s Journal here.
The Horned Rat GM’s Journal
The Council of Thirteen has spoken and through conniving, betrayal, and simple malice their plans grind ominously into motion. However, no Skaven plan could ever be described as simple, and the GM’s Journal is the perfect place for the GM to plan their next step.
The GM’s Journal contains lined pages, dotted grids for mapping and combat, and NPC trackers to make running complicated encounters seem like a breeze. A Horned Rat evidence tracker ties specifically into the campaign, allowing you to keep an eye on your players’ progress as they seek to uncover the truth about the Skaven. Which of Middenheim’s prominent NPCs will be swayed by the weight of evidence, and which will think the talk of human-sized ratmen little more than wild ravings?
The GM’s Journal is exquisitely designed and printed, casebound with a deep brown faux leather finish, full colour end papers, including a map of Middenheim, 128 pages with a mixture of NPC notes, grid paper for quick maps, initiative and advantage trackers for combats, and plenty of lined pages for your devious notes, plots, and wild schemes.
Take Note: Keep your eyes peeled, your wits about you, and never reveal your sources!
Pre-Order the GM’s Journal here.
WFRP DICE TRAYS
We are also launching the pre-order for three awesome new dice tray designs!
All Rolled Up!
Cleverly designed to snap into shape in an instant, these striking dice trays are perfect to soften the clatter of fistfuls of dice. These compact, folding dice trays are made from quality neoprene, a hard-wearing and durable material. Printed with iconic imagery from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, they make an ideal gift for gamers. A perfect addition to any gaming table — the simple clever design will contain even the most Chaotic of rolls. All Rolled Up dice trays fold away neatly when not in use.
Pre-order ‘Elector Count’ Dice Tray here
Pre-order ‘Clockwork Horse’ Dice Tray here.
Pre-Order ‘Middenheim’ Dice Tray here.
Browse All Dice Trays here.
Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.© Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2021