Welcome back to #MortalRealmsMonday! Did you see this Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound Starter Set update last week? We are making excellent progress and aim to release the PDF next week! We can’t wait for you to see it.
The Starter Set includes:
- Faltering Light, a 48-page adventure that sees the heroes venture into the ancient Agloraxian ruins beneath the city of Brightspear. The adventure teaches you and your friends how to play — no prep required!
- Brightspear City Guide, a 64-page guide to the city of Brightspear. Filled with strange and wonderful locations, unique characters, story hooks, and features eight one-page adventures set in Brightspear, this is the perfect way to continue your Soulbound campaign.
- A gatefold sheet introducing roleplaying games and the world of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. The back of the sheet can be used as a party sheet to track Soulfire and Doom as well as any rumours you come across.
- Five gatefold characters sheets with pre-generated characters, each with their own goals, background, and connections.
- Three two-sided reference sheets with the rules for Tests, using Mettle and Soulfire, making attacks and other Actions you can take in combat, spellcasting and some frequently used spells (plus a brand new Endless Spell!).
- A two-sided card with a player-safe map of Brightspear on one side and the lands of Aspiria on the other.
- Tokens for tracking Mettle, Soulfire, and Doom.
- A set of six-sided dice.
New Soulbound FAQ
We compiled and shared this initial list of the most frequently asked Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound questions and their answers during the summer. Today, we have an updated set to add to that list:
Q: If a wizard or Blessed character is maintaining a spell/Miracle and get attacked or distracted, should they take some type of check to see if they are able to maintain it?
A: No, they don’t need to concentrate on the spell. Its stays active even if they get hit. However, if they die the spell ends.
Q: How much does it cost to add the Magical Trait to a weapon? If the party knows they are going to fight ghosts and want to prepare what could they do to get glowing gear?
A: A weapon with the Magical Trait would be Exotic (Soulbound, page 101) and would be difficult to find. It would probably cost up to 5 or 10 times the price of a regular version of that weapon. The downtime Endeavour Magical Weapon Weave can add the Magical Trait to a weapon, but is restricted to Branchwyches.
Q: Can Kharadron gear or gear with the Aetheric quality get a Magical Trait?
A: Currently there is no way for Kharadron gear to gain the Magical Trait. However, the future supplement Steam & Steel will expand on this.
Q: How many Free Actions can a character take during their turn?
A: Usually one, but the GM may allow more within reason.
Q: When the hidden character with the Backstab Talent attacks a character with the Combat Ready Talent, do they gain the benefit of Backstab? See also the Observant talent.
A: Combat Ready prevents being Surprised or ambushed at the start of combat, it does not mean you always know where everyone is during combat. For this reason, Backstab would still work. For Observant, your Defence does not decrease but if the Backstab attack hits it still deals double Damage and ignores Armour.
Q: Does the Sever Talent work on larger creatures like Magadroths?
A: Yep! You are essentially slicing at their leg muscles that keep them standing.
Q: If you use the Charge Action twice in one turn, do you get +2 Damage and does your Defence decrease two steps?
A: You get +1 Damage on your initial Charge, and your Defence decreases one step. Then, you get +1 to your next Charge (not +2), and your Defence decreases another step.
Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd. © Games Workshop 2020