“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
The world’s greatest fantasy setting comes to the world’s most popular roleplaying game rules!
This Loremaster’s Guide presents inspiration, guidance and additional new rules to help you create and run encounters, adventures and campaigns in the world of The Hobbit ™ and The Lord of the Rings ™, using the OGL ruleset.
The quest that began in the Player’s Guide continues in this lavishly illustrated, hardcover Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster’s Guide. Packed with setting information, Loremaster guidance and expanded rules, this volume is an invaluable resource for your games.
Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster’s Guide contains:
- Extensive setting information for Wilderland
- A comprehensive guide to Lake-town
- Advice on theme and building your character group before the game begins
- Notes on the Adventuring phase, inspiration, rests and more!
- Expanded journey rules, including guidance on narrating Middle-earth journeys
- Information to help you create your own journey tables
- A guide to creating and playing NPCs, and a gallery of NPCs for your games
- A Wilderland bestiary of adversaries
- New rules for customising monsters and using scenery in battle
- Notes on treasure in Middle-earth, magic items and weapons
- A guide to offering expanded magic options
- Advice on running the Fellowship phase, patrons, sanctuaries and undertakings
Best used with the Adventures in Middle-earth Player’s Guide, and the latest edition of the world’s favourite roleplaying game.
All orders come with a complimentary PDF