Date of last revision: 08th April 2019
Cubicle 7 Entertainment is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want you to understand how we collect and use information about you.
1. Who are we?
We are Cubicle 7 Entertainment Limited, a company incorporated and registered in both the UK and Ireland. Cubicle 7 Ireland produces and sells games on behalf of Cubicle 7 UK. We are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data in order to carry out our business.
2. What information do we collect from you?
In order to sell our games and deliver them, we collect the following personal data:
- name and title
- delivery address
- billing address
- e-mail address
- telephone and mobile number(s)
- transaction data, such as details about products you have purchased from us
- marketing data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing and communications.
3. How do we collect personal data?
We obtain personal data:
- directly from you when you interact with us, for example when
- buy our products at an event or online
- sign up to our mailing lists
- request information
- write to or email us
- phone our customer services team
If you are providing another person’s details on an order, please ensure you have that person’s explicit consent to do so.
Our website is hosted on AWS (Amazon Web Services) in their Irish Data Centre information on their privacy is available here.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Cookies on the site are mainly to provide you with the services that you’d expect on an ecommerce website such as shopping cart, previously logged-in, comments or feedback.
In addition we have tracking codes for Google Analytics, and Facebook (pixel) to ensure our marketing and site delivers value for everyone and allowing us to re-target advertising to visitors who may have left prior to completing purchase.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
4. How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data only for the purposes for which we collected it.
If you are our customer, we will process your personal data on the basis that it is necessary for us to provide our products to you:
- to identify you
- to respond to your inquiries
- to provide our products and services, including delivery and contacting you about your order (for example, regarding stock availability)
- to carry out billing and administration activities, including refunds and credits
We may process your personal information:
- to conduct and manage our business
- to analyse, improve and update our services for the benefit of our customers
- to deal with complaints
5. Do we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with:
- our service providers, including
- logistics providers who deliver our orders
- our marketing service provider, if you have requested we do so
- technical and support partners, such as the companies who host our website, webstore and who provide technical support and back-up services
6. Do you have to provide personal data – and, if so, why?
We will need your personal data so that we can provide a service, such as deliver a game you have ordered, or contact you about your order.
You can also sign up to our marketing emails to receive information new products and offers. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
7. How long will your personal data will be kept for?
We will not keep your information in a form that identifies you for longer than is necessary.
8. Do we transfer personal data outside the EEA?
Although we are based in the EU, we may transfer your personal information to a location outside the European Economic Area. This is because we have staff who work outside the EEA, and we work with a US based company who provide logistics services for our US customers.
9. How do we keep your personal data secure?
Only authorised staff members and third parties processing data on our behalf have access to your personal data.
The security measures we have in place include:
- reviews of information collection, storage and processing practices to protect against unauthorised access
- restriction of access to personal information
- monitoring of systems storing and processing information
- use of secure technologies (e.g. SSL, encryption)
10.Children and Minors
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children and minors. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for marketing messages or send any Personal Information to us. This is information about you, including your name, e-mail or home address, house telephone number, mobile number or other contact details.
In the event that we become aware or informed that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Minors of 13 years old or older should make sure that they ask their parents or guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
11. Security Statement
We take all reasonable measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We use a third party webstore “123-reg[EC1] ” which processes payment information. They use encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk.
12. Your information rights
We draw your attention to your following rights under data protection law:
- right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- right of access to your personal data, and the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and supplementary details about that information – you will be asked to provide proof of your identify and residential address, and we may ask you to provide further details to assist us in the provision of such information
- right to have inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified – we want to ensure that the personal information that we process and retain about you is accurate, so please do remember to tell us about any changes, for example if you have moved house or changed your contact details. It is your responsibility to ensure you submit true, accurate, and complete information to us; please also update us in the event this information changes.
- right of erasure – in certain circumstances you have the right to have personal data that we process about you blocked, erased or destroyed
- the right to object
to, or restrict:
- – processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- – decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or that similarly significantly affect you
- – in certain other situations, to our continued processing of your personal data
- the right of portability of your data in certain circumstances.
13. What should you do if you have a complaint?
Please contact us if you have any concerns over our use of your personal data.
You have a right to raise a concern with the relevant EU information regulator.